For Sale Ikea Wooden Futon Frame With Mattress Like New Set Up In Spare. (good Cheap Futon Frame #2)
Hello folks, this picture is about For Sale Ikea Wooden Futon Frame With Mattress Like New Set Up In Spare. (good Cheap Futon Frame #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 677 x 508. This blog post's file size is just 45 KB. Wether You want to download This photo to Your computer, you have to Click here. You may also see more images by clicking the following image or read more at this post: Cheap Futon Frame.
For Sale Ikea Wooden Futon Frame With Mattress Like New Set Up In Spare. (good Cheap Futon Frame #2) Photos Album
We would want to discuss some tips about workbench, before discussing Cheap Futon Frame. In this case, there are a few considerations in choosing an office chair for your organization, you need to know and contemplate. Pick a certain brand office seats, office chairs will often have a guarantee of 24 months, both thighs of the chair, hydraulic, along with the forearms of the chair during the predetermined (NEW).
Choose a chair in line with the budget / requires of your corporation. Change the colour of the chair together with your flavor and colour of one's business furniture. Be sure to select a seat that's a comfortable foam or smooth when you sitdown.
In addition to that, occasionally we're perplexed. Around the other-hand we likewise feel pity, office seats on which we have been there it truly is just the design and coloring happen to be improper, although Cheap Futon Frame that we need while atwork is essential.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Salesale (sāl),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of selling.
- a quantity sold.
- opportunity to sell;
demand: slow sale.
- a special disposal of goods, as at reduced prices.
- transfer of property for money or credit.
- an auction.
- for sale, offered to be sold;
made available to purchasers.
- on sale, able to be bought at reduced prices.
Woodenwood•en (wŏŏd′n),USA pronunciation adj.
- consisting or made of wood;
wood: a wooden ship.
- stiff, ungainly, or awkward: a wooden gait.
- without spirit, animation, or awareness.
- dull or stupid.
- indicating the fifth event of a series, as a wedding anniversary.
Futonfu•ton (fo̅o̅′ton, fyo̅o̅′-),USA pronunciation n.
- a thin mattress, usually filled with layers of cotton batting and encased in cotton fabric, placed on a floor for sleeping, esp. in traditional Japanese interiors, and folded and stored during the day. Also called shikibuton.
Frameframe (frām),USA pronunciation n., v., framed, fram•ing.
- a border or case for enclosing a picture, mirror, etc.
- a rigid structure formed of relatively slender pieces, joined so as to surround sizable empty spaces or nonstructural panels, and generally used as a major support in building or engineering works, machinery, furniture, etc.
- a body, esp. a human body, with reference to its size or build;
physique: He has a large frame.
- a structure for admitting or enclosing something: a window frame.
- Usually, frames. (used with a pl. v.) the framework for a pair of eyeglasses.
- form, constitution, or structure in general;
- a particular state, as of the mind: an unhappy frame of mind.
- [Motion Pictures.]one of the successive pictures on a strip of film.
- [Television.]a single traversal by the electron beam of all the scanning lines on a television screen. In the U.S. this is a total of 525 lines traversed in &fracnumer;
second. Cf. field (def. 19).
- the information or image on a screen or monitor at any one time.
- one of the ten divisions of a game.
- one of the squares on the scorecard, in which the score for a given frame is recorded.
- [Pool.]rack1 (def. 3).
- [Baseball.]an inning.
- a frame-up.
- enclosing lines, usually forming a square or rectangle, to set off printed matter in a newspaper, magazine, or the like;
- the structural unit that supports the chassis of an automobile.
- any of a number of transverse, riblike members for supporting and stiffening the shell of each side of a hull.
- any of a number of longitudinal members running between web frames to support and stiffen the shell plating of a metal hull.
- a machine or part of a machine supported by a framework, esp. as used in textile production: drawing frame; spinning frame.
- the workbench of a compositor, consisting of a cabinet, cupboards, bins, and drawers, and having flat and sloping work surfaces on top.
- [Bookbinding.]an ornamental border, similar to a picture frame, stamped on the front cover of some books.
- in frame, [Shipbuilding.](of a hull) with all frames erected and ready for planking or plating.
- to form or make, as by fitting and uniting parts together;
- to contrive, devise, or compose, as a plan, law, or poem: to frame a new constitution.
- to conceive or imagine, as an idea.
- to incriminate (an innocent person) through the use of false evidence, information, etc.
- to provide with or put into a frame, as a picture.
- to give utterance to: Astonished, I attempted to frame adequate words of protest.
- to form or seem to form (speech) with the lips, as if enunciating carefully.
- to fashion or shape: to frame a bust from marble.
- to shape or adapt to a particular purpose: to frame a reading list for ninth graders.
- to contrive or prearrange fraudulently or falsely, as in a scheme or contest.
- to adjust (film) in a motion-picture projector so as to secure exact correspondence of the outlines of the frame and aperture.
- to line up visually in a viewfinder or sight.
- [Archaic.]to direct, as one's steps.
fram′a•ble, frame′a•ble, adj.
- [Archaic.]to betake oneself;
- [Archaic.]to prepare, attempt, give promise, or manage to do something.
fram′a•ble•ness, frame′a•ble•ness, n.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Mattressmat•tress (ma′tris),USA pronunciation n.
- a large pad for supporting the reclining body, used as or on a bed, consisting of a quilted or similarly fastened case, usually of heavy cloth, that contains hair, straw, cotton, foam rubber, etc., or a framework of metal springs.
- See air mattress.
- a mat woven of brush, poles, or similar material, used to prevent erosion of the surface of dikes, jetties, embankments, dams, etc.
- a layer of concrete placed on bare ground, as to provide a footing;
- a layer of any material used to cushion, protect, reinforce, or the like.
Likelike1 (līk),USA pronunciation adj., (Poetic) lik•er, lik•est, prep., adv., conj., n., v., liked, lik•ing, interj.
- of the same form, appearance, kind, character, amount, etc.: I cannot remember a like instance.
- corresponding or agreeing in general or in some noticeable respect;
analogous: drawing, painting, and like arts.
- bearing resemblance.
- likely: 'Tis like that he's gone mad.
- about: The poor chap seemed like to run away.
- something like, [Informal.]something approaching or approximating: It looked something like this.
- in like manner with;
in the manner characteristic of: He works like a beaver.
- resembling (someone or something): He is just like his father. Your necklace is just like mine.
- characteristic of: It would be like him to forget our appointment.
- as if there is promise of;
indicative of: It looks like rain.
- as if someone or something gives promise of being: She looks like a good prospect for the job.
- disposed or inclined to (usually prec. by feel): to feel like going to bed.
- similar or comparable to: There is nothing like a cold drink of water when one is thirsty. What was he like?
- (used correlatively to indicate similarity through relationship): like father, like son.
- (used to establish an intensifying, often facetious, comparison): sleeping like a log.
such as: There are numerous hobbies you might enjoy, like photography or painting.
- like anything, very much;
with great intensity: He wanted like anything to win.
approximately: The house is more like 40 than 20 years old.
- likely or probably: Like enough he'll come with us. Like as not her leg is broken.
- as it were;
in a way;
- to a degree;
more or less: standing against the wall, looking very tough like.
- in the same way as;
as: It happened like you might expect it would.
- as if: He acted like he was afraid. The car runs like new.
- (used esp. after forms ofbeto introduce reported speech or thought): She's like, "I don't believe it," and I'm like, "No, it's true!"
- a similar or comparable person or thing, or like persons or things;
counterpart, match, or equal (usually prec. by a possessive adjective or the): No one has seen his like in a long time. Like attracts like.
ilk (usually prec. by a possessive adjective): I despise moochers and their like.
- the like, something of a similar nature: They grow oranges, lemons, and the like.
- the like or likes of, someone or something similar to;
the equal of: I've never seen the like of it anywhere.
- like to or liked to, [South Midland and Southern U.S.]was on the verge of or came close to (doing something): The poor kid like to froze.
- (used esp. in speech, often nonvolitionally or habitually, to preface a sentence, to fill a pause, to express uncertainty, or to intensify or neutralize a following adjective): Like, why didn't you write to me? The music was, like, really great, you know?
Newnew (no̅o̅, nyo̅o̅),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n.
- of recent origin, production, purchase, etc.; having but lately come or been brought into being: a new book.
- of a kind now existing or appearing for the first time;
novel: a new concept of the universe.
- having but lately or but now come into knowledge: a new chemical element.
- unfamiliar or strange (often fol. by to): ideas new to us; to visit new lands.
- having but lately come to a place, position, status, etc.: a reception for our new minister.
- unaccustomed (usually fol. by to): people new to such work.
- coming or occurring afresh;
additional: new gains.
- fresh or unused: to start a new sheet of paper.
- (of physical or moral qualities) different and better: The vacation made a new man of him.
- other than the former or the old: a new era; in the New World.
- being the later or latest of two or more things of the same kind: the New Testament; a new edition of Shakespeare.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its latest known period, esp. as a living language at the present time: New High German.
- recently or lately (usually used in combination): The valley was green with new-planted crops.
anew or afresh (often used in combination): roses new washed with dew; new-mown hay.
- something that is new;
a new object, quality, condition, etc.: Ring out the old, ring in the new.
Setset (set),USA pronunciation v., set, set•ting, n., adj., interj.
- to put (something or someone) in a particular place: to set a vase on a table.
- to place in a particular position or posture: Set the baby on his feet.
- to place in some relation to something or someone: We set a supervisor over the new workers.
- to put into some condition: to set a house on fire.
- to put or apply: to set fire to a house.
- to put in the proper position: to set a chair back on its feet.
- to put in the proper or desired order or condition for use: to set a trap.
- to distribute or arrange china, silver, etc., for use on (a table): to set the table for dinner.
- to place (the hair, esp. when wet) on rollers, in clips, or the like, so that the hair will assume a particular style.
- to put (a price or value) upon something: He set $7500 as the right amount for the car. The teacher sets a high value on neatness.
- to fix the value of at a certain amount or rate;
value: He set the car at $500. She sets neatness at a high value.
- to post, station, or appoint for the purpose of performing some duty: to set spies on a person.
- to determine or fix definitely: to set a time limit.
- to resolve or decide upon: to set a wedding date.
- to cause to pass into a given state or condition: to set one's mind at rest; to set a prisoner free.
- to direct or settle resolutely or wishfully: to set one's mind to a task.
- to present as a model;
place before others as a standard: to set a good example.
- to establish for others to follow: to set a fast pace.
- to prescribe or assign, as a task.
- to adjust (a mechanism) so as to control its performance.
- to adjust the hands of (a clock or watch) according to a certain standard: I always set my watch by the clock in the library.
- to adjust (a timer, alarm of a clock, etc.) so as to sound when desired: He set the alarm for seven o'clock.
- to fix or mount (a gem or the like) in a frame or setting.
- to ornament or stud with gems or the like: a bracelet set with pearls.
- to cause to sit;
seat: to set a child in a highchair.
- to put (a hen) on eggs to hatch them.
- to place (eggs) under a hen or in an incubator for hatching.
- to place or plant firmly: to set a flagpole in concrete.
- to put into a fixed, rigid, or settled state, as the face, muscles, etc.
- to fix at a given point or calibration: to set the dial on an oven; to set a micrometer.
- to tighten (often fol. by up): to set nuts well up.
- to cause to take a particular direction: to set one's course to the south.
- to put (a broken or dislocated bone) back in position.
- (of a hunting dog) to indicate the position of (game) by standing stiffly and pointing with the muzzle.
- to fit, as words to music.
- to arrange for musical performance.
- to arrange (music) for certain voices or instruments.
- to arrange the scenery, properties, lights, etc., on (a stage) for an act or scene.
- to prepare (a scene) for dramatic performance.
- to spread and secure (a sail) so as to catch the wind.
- to arrange (type) in the order required for printing.
- to put together types corresponding to (copy);
compose in type: to set an article.
- [Baking.]to put aside (a substance to which yeast has been added) in order that it may rise.
- to change into curd: to set milk with rennet.
- to cause (glue, mortar, or the like) to become fixed or hard.
- to urge, goad, or encourage to attack: to set the hounds on a trespasser.
- [Bridge.]to cause (the opposing partnership or their contract) to fall short: We set them two tricks at four spades. Only perfect defense could set four spades.
- to affix or apply, as by stamping: The king set his seal to the decree.
- to fix or engage (a fishhook) firmly into the jaws of a fish by pulling hard on the line once the fish has taken the bait.
- to sharpen or put a keen edge on (a blade, knife, razor, etc.) by honing or grinding.
- to fix the length, width, and shape of (yarn, fabric, etc.).
- [Carpentry.]to sink (a nail head) with a nail set.
- to bend or form to the proper shape, as a saw tooth or a spring.
- to bend the teeth of (a saw) outward from the blade alternately on both sides in order to make a cut wider than the blade itself.
- to pass below the horizon;
sink: The sun sets early in winter.
- to decline;
- to assume a fixed or rigid state, as the countenance or the muscles.
- (of the hair) to be placed temporarily on rollers, in clips, or the like, in order to assume a particular style: Long hair sets more easily than short hair.
- to become firm, solid, or permanent, as mortar, glue, cement, or a dye, due to drying or physical or chemical change.
- to sit on eggs to hatch them, as a hen.
- to hang or fit, as clothes.
- to begin to move;
start (usually fol. by forth, out, off, etc.).
- (of a flower's ovary) to develop into a fruit.
- (of a hunting dog) to indicate the position of game.
- to have a certain direction or course, as a wind, current, or the like.
- (of a sail) to be spread so as to catch the wind.
- (of type) to occupy a certain width: This copy sets to forty picas.
- [Nonstandard.]sit: Come in and set a spell.
- set about:
- to begin on;
- to undertake;
- to assault;
- set against:
- to cause to be hostile or antagonistic.
- to compare or contrast: The advantages must be set against the disadvantages.
- set ahead, to set to a later setting or time: Set your clocks ahead one hour.
- set apart:
- to reserve for a particular purpose.
- to cause to be noticed;
distinguish: Her bright red hair sets her apart from her sisters.
- set aside:
- to put to one side;
reserve: The clerk set aside the silver brooch for me.
- to dismiss from the mind;
- to prevail over;
annul: to set aside a verdict.
- set back:
- to hinder;
- to turn the hands of (a watch or clock) to show an earlier time: When your plane gets to California, set your watch back two hours.
- to reduce to a lower setting: Set back the thermostat before you go to bed.
- set by, to save or keep for future use.
- set down:
- to write or to copy or record in writing or printing.
- to consider;
estimate: to set someone down as a fool.
- to attribute;
ascribe: to set a failure down to bad planning.
- to put in a position of rest on a level surface.
- to humble or humiliate.
- to land an airplane: We set down in a heavy fog.
- (in horse racing) to suspend (a jockey) from competition because of some offense or infraction of the rules.
- set forth:
- to give an account of;
describe: He set forth his theory in a scholarly report.
- to begin a journey;
start: Columbus set forth with three small ships.
- set forward, to turn the hands of (a watch or clock) to show a later time: When your plane lands in New York, set your watch forward two hours.
- set in:
- to begin to prevail;
arrive: Darkness set in.
- (of winds or currents) to blow or flow toward the shore.
- set off:
- to cause to become ignited or to explode.
- to begin;
- to intensify or improve by contrast.
- to begin a journey or trip;
- set on:
- Also, set upon. to attack or cause to attack: to set one's dog on a stranger.
- to instigate;
incite: to set a crew to mutiny.
- set one's face against. See face (def. 35).
- set out:
- to begin a journey or course: to set out for home.
- to undertake;
attempt: He set out to prove his point.
- to design;
plan: to set out a pattern.
- to define;
describe: to set out one's arguments.
- to plant: to set out petunias and pansies.
- to lay out (the plan of a building) in actual size at the site.
- to lay out (a building member or the like) in actual size.
- set store by. See store (def. 9).
- set to:
- to make a vigorous effort;
apply oneself to work;
- to begin to fight;
- set up:
- to put upright;
- to put into a high or powerful position.
- to construct;
- to be assembled or made ready for use: exercise equipment that sets up in a jiffy.
- to inaugurate;
- to enable to begin in business;
provide with means.
- to make a gift of;
treat, as to drinks.
- to stimulate;
- to propound;
- to bring about;
- to become firm or hard, as a glue or cement: a paint that sets up within five minutes.
- to lead or lure into a dangerous, detrimental, or embarrassing situation, as by deceitful prearrangement or connivance.
- to entrap or frame, as an innocent person in a crime or a criminal suspect in a culpable circumstance in order to achieve an arrest.
- to arrange the murder or execution of: His partner set him up with the mob.
- [Bridge.]to establish (a suit): to set up spades.
- the act or state of setting or the state of being set.
- a collection of articles designed for use together: a set of china; a chess set.
- a collection, each member of which is adapted for a special use in a particular operation: a set of golf clubs; a set of carving knives.
- a number, group, or combination of things of similar nature, design, or function: a set of ideas.
- a series of volumes by one author, about one subject, etc.
- a number, company, or group of persons associated by common interests, occupations, conventions, or status: a set of murderous thieves; the smart set.
- the fit, as of an article of clothing: the set of his coat.
- fixed direction, bent, or inclination: The set of his mind was obvious.
- bearing or carriage: the set of one's shoulders.
- the assumption of a fixed, rigid, or hard state, as by mortar or glue.
- the arrangement of the hair in a particular style: How much does the beauty parlor charge for a shampoo and set?
- a plate for holding a tool or die.
- an apparatus for receiving radio or television programs;
- [Philately.]a group of stamps that form a complete series.
- [Tennis.]a unit of a match, consisting of a group of not fewer than six games with a margin of at least two games between the winner and loser: He won the match in straight sets of 6–3, 6–4, 6–4.
- a construction representing a place or scene in which the action takes place in a stage, motion-picture, or television production.
- the bending out of the points of alternate teeth of a saw in opposite directions.
- a permanent deformation or displacement of an object or part.
- a tool for giving a certain form to something, as a saw tooth.
- a chisel having a wide blade for dividing bricks.
- [Hort.]a young plant, or a slip, tuber, or the like, suitable for planting.
- the number of couples required to execute a quadrille or the like.
- a series of movements or figures that make up a quadrille or the like.
- a group of pieces played by a band, as in a night club, and followed by an intermission.
- the period during which these pieces are played.
- [Bridge.]a failure to take the number of tricks specified by one's contract: Our being vulnerable made the set even more costly.
- the direction of a wind, current, etc.
- the form or arrangement of the sails, spars, etc., of a vessel.
- suit (def. 12).
- [Psychol.]a temporary state of an organism characterized by a readiness to respond to certain stimuli in a specific way.
- a timber frame bracing or supporting the walls or roof of a shaft or stope.
- [Carpentry.]See nail set.
- a collection of objects or elements classed together.
- the width of a body of type.
- sett (def. 3).
- fixed or prescribed beforehand: a set time; set rules.
fixed: The hall holds a set number of people.
- deliberately composed;
customary: set phrases.
rigid: a set smile.
- resolved or determined;
habitually or stubbornly fixed: to be set in one's opinions.
- completely prepared;
ready: Is everyone set?
- all set, in readiness;
prepared: They were at the starting line and all set to begin.
Also, get set!
- (in calling the start of a race): Ready! Set! Go!
Upup (up),USA pronunciation adv., prep., adj., n., v., upped, up•ping.
- to, toward, or in a more elevated position: to climb up to the top of a ladder.
- to or in an erect position: to stand up.
- out of bed: to get up.
- above the horizon: The moon came up.
- to or at any point that is considered higher.
- to or at a source, origin, center, or the like: to follow a stream up to its source.
- to or at a higher point or degree, as of rank, size, value, pitch, loudness, brightness, maturity, or speed:to move up in a firm;
to pump up a tire;
to turn a lantern up;
Prices are going up. Speak up! Hurry up!
in a leading position in a competition: He managed to get up on his opponent by three points.
- in continuing contact, esp. as reflecting continuing awareness, knowledge, etc.: to keep up with the latest developments in mathematics.
- into or in activity, operation, etc.: to set up vibrations.
- into a state of emotional agitation or distress: His insults left her all roiled up.
- into existence, visible form, etc.: His sample was worked up in the studio.
- into view, prominence, or consideration: The lost papers have turned up.
- into or in a place of safekeeping, storage, retirement, etc.: to lay up riches; to put up preserves.
- into or in a state of union, contraction, etc.: to add up a column of figures; to fold up.
- to the required or final point: to pay up one's debts; burned up.
- to a state of completion;
to an end: She finished it all up.
- to a halt: The riders reined up and dismounted.
- [Baseball.]being the player or team batting;
- (used as a function word for additional emphasis, sometimes prec. by it): Go wake your father up. What plugged it up? We laughed it up.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The golfer was two strokes up on his nearest competitor.
apiece: The score was seven up in the final quarter.
- (of machines or equipment, as computers) working;
in working order or in operation.
- [Informal.]without the addition of ice;
straight up: Bring me a martini, up.
- [Naut.]toward the wind: Put the helm up.
- all up with, at or approaching the end of;
with defeat or ruin imminent for: He realized it was all up with him when the search party began to close in.
- go up in one's lines. See line 1 (def. 58).
- up against, faced or confronted with: They were up against formidable obstacles.
- up against it, in a difficult situation, esp. in financial straits: There was no one to help him when he was up against it.
- up and around, recovered from an illness;
able to leave one's bed. Also, up and about.
- up and down:
- back and forth;
backward and forward: He paced up and down.
- from top to bottom or head to toe: She looked me up and down before replying.
- up for, considered as eligible or as a possibility for (something): The child is up for adoption. Three actresses are up for the role.
- up to:
- as far as or approaching (a certain part, degree, point, etc.): She went wading up to her knees. I am up to the eighth lesson.
- in full realization or attainment of: He worked up to president of the company.
- as many as;
to the limit of: The car will seat up to five persons.
- having adequate powers or ability for;
equal to: He didn't think I was up to the job.
- the duty or responsibility of;
incumbent upon: It's up to you to break the news to him.
- engaged in;
doing: What have you been up to lately?
- to, toward, or at an elevated place on or in: They went up the stairs. The cat is up the tree.
- to, toward, or at a high or higher station, condition, or rank on or in: He is well up the social ladder.
- at or to a farther point or higher place on or in: She is up the street. I'm going up the street.
- toward the source, origin, etc., of: up the stream.
- toward a particular direction or in the interior of, as a region or territory: The explorers were up north.
- in a course or direction that is contrary to that of: to row up the current.
- up your ass, [Slang](vulgar). See shove (def. 6). Also, up yours.
- moving in or related to a direction that is up or is regarded as up: the up elevator; the up train traveling north; the up platform of a railroad station.
aware (usually fol. by on or in): She is always up on current events.
terminated: The game is up. Your hour is up.
- going on or happening;
occurring: What's up over there?
- having a high position or station: He is up in society.
- in an erect, vertical, or raised position: The gate at the railroad crossing is up. The tent is up.
- above the earth or ground: The corn is up and ready to be harvested.
- in the air;
aloft: The meteorological balloons are up. The airplanes are up for their reconnaissance flights.
- (of heavenly bodies) risen above the horizon: The sun is up.
- awake or out of bed: to be up with insomnia.
- mounted on horseback: He knows which jockeys are up in every race.
- (of water in natural bodies) high with relation to the banks or shore: The tide is up.
constructed: The new museum is up and open to the public.
- facing upward: He is resting and his face is up.
- See sunnyside up.
- (of roads, highways, etc.) having the surface broken or removed (usually used in combination): a torn-up road.
- in revolt, mutiny, or rebellious agitation: Many territories were up and preparing to send troops against the government.
- in a state of agitation: Beware of him when his temper is up.
- [Informal.]cheerful or optimistic;
- [Informal.]productive, favorable, or profitable: a string of up months for the company.
- afoot or amiss: Her nervous manner told me that something was up.
- in a state of enthusiastic or confident readiness (usually fol. by for): The team was definitely up for the game.
on the way: She was on a ship up for Australia.
- resolved in an unfavorable or undesired way: They knew that their game was up.
- higher than formerly in cost, amount, degree, etc.: The price of meat was up.
- (of age) advanced (usually fol. by in): He is rather spry for a man so up in years.
- active: The captain wished to set sail as soon as the wind was up.
- in a legal proceeding as defendant: He is up for murder.
- in operation or ready for use: The theater's lights are up.
- (of points or other standards used to determine the winner in a competition) ahead;
in advance: He won the game with two points up over his opponent.
- considered or under consideration: a candidate up for reelection; a bill that is up before Congress.
bet: He won all the money up in the game.
- living or located inland or on elevated ground: They live in a village two miles up from the coast.
- (used with a preceding numeral to indicate that a score is tied in a competition): It was 10 up at the end of the first half.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents: They scored three times in a row to go two up.
- straight up. See straight (def. 38).
- up and doing, [Informal.]actively engaged;
busy: During her convalescence she longed to be up and doing.
- an upward movement;
- a rise of fortune, mood, etc.
- a time of good fortune, prosperity, or happiness: He has had more ups than downs in his career.
- an upbound means of public transportation, as a train or bus.
- [Informal.]a feeling or state of happiness, exuberance, or elation.
- [Slang.]upper (def. 10).
- a person or thing that is in a favorable position of wealth, fortune, etc.: People who were ups in the business world suffered losses in the economic depression.
- an upward slope;
- an upward course or rise, as in price or value: The landlord promised his tenants there would be no further ups in the rent this year.
- on the up and up, [Informal.]frank;
sincere: He seems to be on the up and up.Also, on the up-and-up.
- to put or take up.
- to make larger;
step up: to up output.
- to raise;
go better than (a preceding wager): to up the ante.
- [Informal.]to start up;
begin something abruptly (usually fol. by and and another verb): Then he upped and ran away from home.
- (often used imperatively or hortatively) to rise up: Up, men, and fight until all the enemy are defeated!
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Related Images of For Sale Ikea Wooden Futon Frame With Mattress Like New Set Up In Spare. (good Cheap Futon Frame #2)
- How To Make Curtain Valance
- 3 Sink System
- Chandeliers For Dining Room
- Dog Stool Softener Natural
- Corian Router Bits
- Dark Brown Crib
- Control Room Furniture
- Cheap Vanity With Mirror
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Blades Replacement
- Cabin Rental Yellowstone Park
- Broedell Plumbing Supply Inc
- Holiday Cottages Marazion
- Amber Emergency Lights
- Copper Sofa Table
- Garden Sheds Oxford
- Ceiling Mounted Track Lighting